Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies

Those of you that know me well, know my love for pumpkin. So, here is one more pumpkin recipe to kick off every one's Thanksgiving week. These soft delicious cookies have pumpkin, cinnamon and butterscotch chips that add a warmth of flavor that will have you coming back for more. I must say these cookies are no beauties, but they make up for it in flavor. Simple to make, and with the yummy fall flavors, who can say no? Not me!

I would also like to take this moment to wish my family & foodie friends a Happy Thanksgiving day. Several of my friends have recently asked what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving? My first response is, I am thankful for my family, my friends, including all of my foodie friends and for our health and happiness... Because all of this makes my life complete!


Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup butterscotch chips

Position the rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and butter the parchment paper.

Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and lightened in color, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. On low speed, mix the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Mix in the flour mixture to incorporate it. Fold in the chips.

Using a medium size ice cream scoop, scoop mounds of the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the cookies at least 2 1/2-inches apart.

Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, about 14-16 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking. Cool them on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Dust the cooled cookies lightly with powdered sugar. The cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Makes two dozen.

Enjoy
Recipe from:

28 comments:

  1. These are a great cookie!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always up for any pumpkin recipes but I have never made pumpkin cookies. I need to try these, especially with the butterscotch chips. They sound fabulous. Wishing you the best holiday. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too like pumpkin, even the smell of fresh cut pumpkin is so tempting. I might try this for xmas.
    http://www.subhiksa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! These sound great. I like the combo of pumpkin and butterscotch.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, what a delicious cookie, i love the butterscotch chips. happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin and butterscotch..what a perfect combination

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is something amazing about pumpkin that is hard to pin down. The earthy amazing texture that works so well in cookies and a plethora of other dishes. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, this is so up my alley! Butterscotch is a private pleasure of mine...it's sounds perfect with pumpkin. :) Thank you for sharing Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, pumpkin and butterscotch go so well together. It's like they were made for one another. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love butterscotch cookies...with pumpkin sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. pumpkin, vanilla, butterscotch and cinnamon mmmmm what a combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I share your love of pumpkin and think your cookies sound divine. A new combination that must be tried. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful cookie recipe. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look so soft and a perfect fall color for my cookie tray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great cookie! I love all three of those flavors and I bet they combine to be a fantastic cookie! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice cookies! They must taste divine. What a great flavor combo.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum... a wonderful combination of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice cookies !! j'aime beaucoup les saveurs !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was just at Rebecka's for her Molasses Cookies and they looked delish. I plan on making them today. Your cookies also look wonderful. I love anything with pumpkin, great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These looks so good! I am baking like crazy and adding this to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow love the flavors in these cookies would be great with my cup of tea right now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's nothing I would like better than for a huge tin of these to appear in front of me. Can't go wrong with these two delicious flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the proverb at the top of your blog "the belly rules the mind." So true! Thanks so much for visiting my site. These pumpkin and butterscotch cookies look so good to me. I bet these cookies have some deep buttery tones that are addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cookies must taste divine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I still have pumpkins...time to make cookies

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yummy!! Might have to just give this recipe a try this weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that is two flavors I will have to try...we were having a discussion about butterscotch one day...who came up with that brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love this idea for a cookie! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete