Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins

I know my blog participation has been slim, okay, almost non-existent. So please forgive my absence both here and commenting on everyone's delectable creations. Let me make it up to you all with these incredible sugary treats called Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins. Yes, another pumpkin recipe, but they are worth your time.

As some of you know I posted this picture on Facebook as my status update. Many of you email me for the recipe, so here I am. I've always been partial to anything pumpkin and if you add cinnamon, well it’s just over the top for me. So you can imagine it was love at first bite. This recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food November issue. They are definitely worth baking for any special occasion, or just because as I did. I hope you enjoy them as much as my family did.




Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins

10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bakng soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
sugar coating:
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup unsalted butter,melted

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 12 standard muffin cups. Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and allspice. In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with two additions pumpkin mixture and beat to combine.


Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each muffin cup and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Let muffins cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Working with one at a time, remove muffins from pan, brush all over with melted butter, then toss to coat in sugar mixture. Let muffins cool completely on a wire rack. Store in airtight container up to 1 day. Makes 12 muffins.


Enjoy!
Everyday Food, November 2010



31 comments:

  1. I've seen lots of recipes for the cinnamon sugar donut muffins, but a pumpkin version of them sounds even better to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning. I love sugary donuts. especially served warm - and pumpkin is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog and perfectly layed out. Kuddos...Now on to the muffins, they look delicious! Glad I found you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These doughnut muffins look amazing! I know what I'll be making today! Thanks for another wonderful recipe, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!! i must make these, i love that they have pumpkin in them. and i totally understand about the blog absence, life can get so busy! it's good to see you again though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy! I'll try anything with pumpkin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....

    I've seen the doughnut muffins on other blogs. So I put them on my to-do list. But now that I've seen pumpkin doughnut muffins.... well I need to move this recipe to the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With muffins like these, you are forgiven. They look spectacular. Keri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look so good! Just like doughnuts...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, just beautiful. There was nothing to forgive, but if there had been, these would do it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, these look awesome. I am a fan of anything pumpkin too but I don't think I could hold off for a special occasion to make them. I would have to do them just for breakfast! Love your photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great minds must think alike because I JUST made some jelly donut muffins with cranberry filling! I bet the filling would go wonderfully in these as well. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are positively heavenly! Perfect for Thanksgiving breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I love that these are rolled in cinnamon and sugar. It does get tough to keep up with blogging sometimes. I can totally relate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These pumpkin doughnuts sound amazing! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a plump irresistible "Doughnut!!"
    Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply Delish! WOW, do these look amazing and I would love to give them a try. Miss Sophie says thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never had a pumpkin doughnut before....and these just look WOWed...esp. it's breakfast time and I am so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This pumpking doughnuts are absolutely beautuful. No doubt, delicious. I love pumpkin too, And well cinnamon, you are right, just brings it over the top.

    I am your newest follower! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So delicious! Thanks for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for watching the clip wow these rock tweeting em :-) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is pure brillance! I love these types of muffins and this one is truly a great idea to make. I love the dipped french cinnamon ones but the bonus here PUMPKIN! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are correct, pumpkin is ALWAYS from my time and these donut-muffins looks incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect recipe for a come back! Now don't stay away so long. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ok, this recipe was definitely worth the wait. I hope to see more of your posts over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  26. more and more pumpkin on the blog is driving me batty---in a good way. i love me some muffins! corn, chocolate and pumpkin are top 3!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can never get enough of pumpkin, plus you used the word doughnut in combination with it. Yes!
    I have some pumpkin in the fridge and I know where it's going next.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anything brushed with melted butter must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yum. Lovin' the pumpkin muffin, with all of those spices...and the sugary coating. I'm sure these would be a hit here!

    ReplyDelete